DATE: April 17th, 2013
OFF we go again. For those who missed it, here’s the latest episode of our weekly live radio show “OFF The Road”. Grab it below, and play it loud! Big thanks to all of you for your support. We’ll be back for more crazy rides this Saturday on Off Radio, from 22:00 to 23:00 EET. Also, check our previous radio shows on Mixcloud. Ride with us!
01. Round Table Knights – I Just Want
02. Cameo Culture – Losing Game
03. Acid Washed – Fire N’ Rain
04. Chris Malinchak – So Good To Me (MK Remix)
05. Digitaria – Shine (Morgan Geist Remix)
06. Him_Self_Her – Together
07. Chrome Canyon – Memories Of A Scientist (ATTAR! Remix)
08. Rory Phillips – Tunnel Vision
09. Citizen – So Submissive
10. Close feat. Charlene Soraia & Scuba – Beam Me Up (George FitzGerald Remix)
11. Jacques Renault – Back To You (Almost Remix)
12. Coma – Missing Piece
13. Poni Hoax – The Word
DATE: April 11th, 2013
Brooklyn-based producer/DJ Jacques Renault, one half of Runaway, co-founder of On The Prowl Records and Let’s Play House imprint, made a special mix for the mighty Gomma Records and it’s pretty amazing. This mix features 60 minutes of rare and old Gomma 12inches from Daniel Avery, Baldelli, Barking Dogs, Munk, Moullinex, Deadstock 33s and Mercury’s latest single “Man”. Give it a spin above, and play it loud. Vrooom!
01. Leroy Hanghofer – Pin (Jacques Lu Cont Remix)
02. Dimitri From Paris & Los Amigos Invisibles – Glad To Know You (Ray Mang Flying Dub)
03. Capablanca & T. Keeler – No Hay Dub
04. GBs – Lucky In Vichy
05. Severino Horse Meat Disco – Bounce
06. Daniel Avery & The Deadstock 33s – Nylon Icon
07. Headman – It Rough (Chicken Lips Remix)
08. Baldelli – Phobos
09. DJ Steef – Venusian Missing
10. The Glimmers – Awake
11. Munk – Keep My Secret (Jacques Renault Remix)
12. Mercury – Man
13. The Barking Dogs feat. Tom Trago – Your High
14. Telonius – Control
15. The Deadstock 33s – Tic Tic Toc
DATE: March 25th, 2013
French house trio dOP have recently unveiled their new band project, called Les Fils du Calvaire, and here’s the cool black-and-white video for their beautiful new single “Femme d’Affaires”. It’s taken from Les Fils du Calvaire’s first EP of the same name, out now via Circus Company/Because Music. The release comes backed with fine remixes by dOP, Acid Pauli, Manjul, and Jacques Renault. Get it here.
DATE: January 14th, 2013
Start your week off right with the latest episode of our weekly live radio show “OFF The Road”. It features gems from Duke Dumont, Benoit & Sergio, Paradis, Maxxi Soundsystem & Thomas Gandey, Mickey, Pat Lok, Cameo Culture, and more. Download it below and play it loud. We’ll be back for more rides next Saturday on Off Radio, from 22:00 to 23:00 EET. Be sure to check out our previous radio shows on Mixcloud. Fill it up!
01. Poolside – Slow Down (Pixelated Remix)
02. Woolfy Vs. Projections – Set Me Loose (Lexx Remix)
03. Herbert – It’s Only (DJ Koze Remix)
04. Rambla Boys feat. Stee Downes – Rock Solid (Mickey Remix)
05. Maxxi Soundsystem & Thomas Gandey – Shake Your Head
06. Name In Lights – Naughty (Cameo Culture Remix)
07. Jacques Renault – Back To You (Paradis Remix)
08. Benoit & Sergio – Bridge So Far
09. Chesus – Special
10. Goldroom -Sweetness Alive (Pat Lok Dip and Drop Mix)
11. Duke Dumont feat. A*M*E – Need U (100%)
12. Hey Champ – Cliché
DATE: January 5th, 2013
It’s a bit hard to believe that it has almost been three years since our favorite Brooklyn-based producer and DJ Jacques Renault released a single of its own original material. Now, he’s finally back to us with a classy new track, called “Back To You”, a guaranteed dancefloor winner. This is his first release on his own label Let’s Play House, which co-runs with Nik Mercer.
There’s also something else that makes this release so special. It comes backed with a superb remix by Parisian duo Paradis, who already wowed us with their two EPs on Tim Sweeney’s Beats In Space label. The duo’s nine-minute rework of “Back To You” is just about as mesmerizing as it gets. Needless to say, we are dealing with the New Year’s first great remix.
“Back To You” is scheduled to drop on January 14 as a 12″, with the digital download coming on January 28. You can also preview the original tune here.
DATE: November 25th, 2012
“Searching For Some Real Love” [Jacques Renault Edit]
Our “An Edit To Remember” series continues with this massive edit from the always amazing Jacques Renault. “Searching For Some Real Love” pays tribute to the sound of early ’90s house scene and cleverly uses a Mary J. Blige vocal sample. It’s taken from the sixth edition on Jacques Renault and Marcos Cabral’s On The Prowl record label. Fill it up!
DATE: August 28th, 2012
Jacques Renault is back! Check out his excellent remix of Ladyhawke’s latest single “Blue Eyes”, off her second album, “Anxiety”, out now on Modular. That’s the way we like it. You can download the remix for free below. Fill it up!
DATE: July 31st, 2012
Los Angeles-based house producer and DJ Evan Stalker recently signed to Jacques Renault and Marcos Cabral’s, aka Runaway, imprint On The Prowl. His first EP “Parkway” contains three original tracks of forward thinking deep house music and a superb remix by Runaway. The title track sounds perfect for a late-night drive. Give it a spin below. We can certainly expect great things from Evan Stalker in the near future.
Evan Stalker’s “Parkway” EP is out now digitally. Get it here.
DATE: July 3rd, 2012
Jacques Renault returns this summer with yet another great remix, this time for Johnwaynes’ “I Can See”. This track can be found on his upcoming four-track EP of the same name on New York label Let’s Play House. The original version is pretty good too. Give it a spin below. You can preview the full release here.
Johnwaynes’ “I Can See” EP will be released digitally on July 16th. Pre-order here.
DATE: June 29th, 2012
Another excellent release from Phillip Lauer on Gerd Janson’s Running Back label. Following his solid debut LP “Phillips”, which was released back in April, Lauer just dropped a brand new EP, which features two fine reworks of his track “Tentatious” by New York’s Jacques Renault and Marcos Cabral, aka Runaway, and I:Cube. The release also includes the hidden album track “Boringtone”, his very own secret ode to the Café del Mar, and an exclusive track called “Highdimes”. You can now stream the track above. Brilliant!
Last Gas Station [La.Ga.Sta.] is a music blog based in Athens. We love driving fast cars looking for new sounds out there. So c'mon kids, join us for a ride. All tracks posted are for promotional use only. If you want something removed, please email us. Vrooommm!!!
Last Gas Station is racing on a WP blog designed by Radial