To celebrate their first-ever proper DJ tour this summer, Melbourne’s finest dance-pop outfit Cut Copy have dropped a superb new mixtape called “Forest Through The Trees”, which effortlessly blends classics from Talking Heads, the Chemical Brothers and Durutti Column with contemporary blazers from Jamie xx, Four Tet and John Talabot. “We’ve always DJed as long as the band has been around, and club culture is an important part of what Cut Copy is about,” frontman Dan Whitford explains. For their upcoming DJ tour, Cut Copy’s Dan Whitford and Tim Hoey will be joined by Cutters Records labelmate Knightlife. Grab this mix for free below, and ride with us.
01. The Durutti Column – Otis
02. Jamie xx – Gosh
03. Four Tet – Parallel Jalebi
04. Round – Lucky Star
05. Hot Chip – Atomic Bomb (John Talabot Remix)
06. Taro Tokugawa – Here My Dear
07. The Hypnotist – Rainbows In the Sky
08. Jee Day – Sum of Love (Lauer Remix)
09. The Phenomenal Handclap Band – Tears (Stallions Remix)
10. The Chemical Brothers – Got Glint!
11. Archie Bronson Outfit – Chunk (6th Borough Project Remix)
12. Talking Heads – I Zimbra
13. Black Fan – Hercules & The Beast
14. Bobby Boomerang – Unreleased
15. New Jackson – Jam On Summer
16. Longineu Parsons – The Gathering
17. Paul White – Where You Gonna Go?